Wednesday, May 27, 2015

May 27: 11,762 steps in Córdoba, Argentina

We left Iguazu this morning on an 11:40am flight, so we actually had a good amount of time to get our stuff together, eat breakfast, and leave the hotel. I checked my bag again, and it is still expanded, but hopefully I can try to carry it on for our next flight. The Iguazu airport is very small, with only 2 gates. We got there around 10:00am, but we couldn’t go through security until 10:45am because the flights before us and all of the passengers for them were still at the gates, so there wasn’t enough room to let us through. Kristi, Zach, and I went to a café to grab a bite to eat before going through security.

After we finally got through security, it was about 11:15am and the electricity went out at the airport. This must not be an uncommon thing because people didn’t seem too alarmed. It kicked back on about 10 minutes later and we were boarded within 20 minutes. Ana somehow got a first class seat for the flight, but she was trying to convince one of us to take her seat and trade her. She is too humble. We had to force her to take the first class seat. Later in the day she was making jokes about being in first class and how we were all below her. The flight we were on made a pit stop in a city called Rosaria to let a bunch of people off and a few more on, then we continued on to our final destination. Two take offs meant two sets of snacks!

We took a bus to the hostel, arriving around 5:00pm. I think this is my favorite place we have stayed so far. It seems to be very clean, our room for the 6 girls has its own bathroom, wifi is good, and we can do our laundry here! This town is a good size too. It definitely has the city vibe to it, but with not so many people or cars. There are a lot of cathedrals here. We went in 3 alone tonight that were within blocks of each other.




Kristi, Paige, and I went to a café before dinner and had the usual coffee and medialunas. We walked over after to the place where we were all having dinner to meet up. Ana, Spodek, and a couple of people from the group were already there and had mate before. Guess what brand of mate this place used? Amanda! All of their mate things had the Amanda name on it, including the mate cup itself! Ana asked the waitress if I could buy one from them and she gave me one for free! But she told me to put it in my purse so others wouldn’t ask for free handouts. For dinner I had pizza, too much pizza. I’m so full now.

No comments:

Post a Comment