Monday, May 25, 2015

May 25: 9,945 steps in Buenos Aires, Argentina

Today was our last day in Buenos Aires. We take off tomorrow morning for Iguazu. It has been a fun stay, but I am ready to move on. There are a lot of people here and I’m about over the hostel situation. Having 5 girls in one tiny room is tight, plus we are all trying to dry our laundry and it’s not working. Our room is so humid so nothing will dry. Luckily all of the girls are cool and we get along really well!

This morning Kristi, Ally, Paige, and I went to a café for a few hours to drink coffee, eat croissants and blog. It was so nice and relaxing!

For lunch we went to Ana’s apartment for facturas snacks. Her apartment is really cool and the pastries were delicious.


After lunch we rode a bus to La Boca. While waiting at the bus stop we witnessed our first Argentine car accident! I am amazed that was the first one we saw with the way they drive around here. La Boca is only a 5 minute bus ride, so much closer than yesterday’s ride. La Boca is a very colorful neighborhood, and I mean that literally. The majority of the buildings are painted bright colors. When the immigrants first moved to this area, there wasn’t a lot of money so they painted everything bright cheery colors to keep their moods high.



We went into the PROA Modern Art Museum and looked at the exhibit, walked around the market, then sat at a café and had coffee and pastries. Talk about a sugar high today. I finished 2 coffees in less than 24 hours! Also I found a brand of mate called ‘amanda,’ so I had to get it!



This evening was spent buying face lotion (because my face is super dried out for some reason), playing Egyptian Rat Screw, and packing my bag up. I may have to unzip the expandable portion of my bag, but I am going to try my hardest not to. There is a possibility that they will only allow us to carry on one bag total, not even a purse and backpack. So I may have to shove my purse into my backpack! There is also a possibility that the carry on size bag here is smaller than in the US, so I may have to check my bag. Off to Iguazu on a 5:30am flight tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment