Tuesday, June 9, 2015

June 9: 22,792 steps in Lima, Peru

Today is our last day in South America. I can’t believe I have been here for the last 25 days. This morning Kristi, Zach, Paige, and I went down to the beach and Zach and Kristi went surfing! Zach already knew how to surf, but it was Kristi’s first time, and she did great! Paige and I sat on the rocky shore and watched as we breathed in the fresh salty air. I ended up getting a little sun burned, but oh well!


This afternoon we went to Lugar de la Memoria la Tolerancia y la Inclusión Social. It is a building built as a memorial and cultural center that just opened. It was a very modern and simplistic building made out of mostly concrete with a very open floor plan.



In the evening Kristi, Ana, Zach, and I went for a coffee and snack before dinner. We ended up liking the place so much that we went back for dinner with the entire group. It was our last super, South America version.


I’m still in awe of everything I have seen and done over the last 25 days. I still can’t believe I did it all. I’m sure I’ll have more words tomorrow as we make our journey home, but for now, I will sleep on it. I found this quote today in the back of our dinner menu, and I thought it was appropriate for our last day in South America. 

No comments:

Post a Comment